Pages

Thursday, April 25, 2013

Something Old/Something New


As you may remember from the Easter At Our Table post, I've been gathering up vintage enamelware dishes. The simplicity of the design, the clean black and white colors (my preference, though they also come in a variety of other colors), and the durability of an unbreakable dish is what continues to draw me to enamelware.

{Vintage plate set via The Wild Plum}
Vintage sets can be a little hard to find, especially in good enough shape to eat off of. Etsy is a great source, as are local flea markets and antique stores, though the pieces can be a little pricey- I have yet to find tumblers affordable enough for my budget. 

{Via West Elm}
Thankfully, when West Elm introduced their Market collection, a range of enamelware, in black and white, were included. They carry dinnerware, as well as serving pieces and the prices are quite affordable for new dishes. All the pieces can be ordered online with free shipping, or are available in store. I think some tumblers and the serving bowls will be on my birthday wish list this year.

Do you like enamelware? Do you go for the colorful pieces or the simple black and white I prefer? As always, I'd love to see photos of your collections! Tag me in your IG or Twitter photo and I'll share it here as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting notes and comments from you! Feel free to share your own blog or website so I can see what you're up to!

Pin It button on image hover