Pages

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

gratitude

happy wednesday everyone! it's an extra happy day for me because the migraine i've been battling for the last two days has finally lifted so i can start getting caught up on life!

my first task of the day is washing a whole lot of dishes, and while i'm full of gratitude for just about everything today (spending days on end wishing you could remove your own head can put a lot into perspective), whenever i have to wash dishes i'm grateful for this view...


this horse hangs above our sink, and it always makes me smile. i think it was the front of some sort of ticket machine, possibly from a race track or circus. i found it in someone's back yard that was having a really weird (and super awesome) junk sale. my friend Abbi and i found a huge pile of good stuff at that sale, but this is probably my favorite piece. it was in rough shape when i found it, but with a little elbow grease and my husbands help removing a bunch of rusty, broken mechanical bits from the back so we could hang it, it looks pretty awesome now!



i love this piece because it brings some fun to a task that's necessary but boring, it's super unusual, and it reminds me of a lovely friend who i don't see very often these days.




what are you grateful for today?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting notes and comments from you! Feel free to share your own blog or website so I can see what you're up to!

Pin It button on image hover