Pages

Wednesday, November 25, 2015

In the Kitchen: Spiced Cranberry Sauce


If you ask me my favorite Thanksgiving food, I'll tell you it's cranberry sauce, which I know sounds crazy- I mean, what with gravy, and mashed potatoes, and pie and all that? It's true though- I am obsessed with cranberry sauce- but not just any cranberry sauce. It has to be real, from scratch sauce- not that business in the cans. Every time I make this sauce, people ask for the recipe (and tell me they usually hate cranberry sauce, but not this one), so I thought it was about time I shared it!


Spiced Cranberry Sauce

Ingredients:
1 bag whole, fresh cranberries
Zest of 1 orange
Juice of that same orange, plus enough water to make 1 cup
1 cup sugar
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground cloves
1/2 tsp grated nutmeg

Directions:
Rinse cranberries thoroughly, picking out any super squishy ones, and picking off any stems.
Zest and juice orange.
In a non-reactive saucepan, bring water+juice mixture to a boil, add sugar, spices, and cranberries. Reduce heat to med-low until berries start popping and the sauce has thickened.
Remove from heat, cool to room temp, then cover and chill in fridge.

You can make this ahead of time, and to make a bigger batch, just multiply everything except the liquid, which you'll only need an extra half cup of per extra bag of cranberries. Super easy, super good. I'm going to sneak a spoonful right now actually.

Happy Thanksgiving friends! I hope you have a wonderful time with people you love.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting notes and comments from you! Feel free to share your own blog or website so I can see what you're up to!

Pin It button on image hover