Pages

Friday, January 23, 2015

Produce Portraits: Black Radish





More than a year ago, after a friend showed me a photo of one, I became obsessed with tracking down these black radishes. Last week my search finally ended with a visit to the Santa Monica Farmer's Market.





I'm not usually a huge radish fan, but when they're thinly sliced, layered onto a slice of baguette with some good butter, and then sprinkled with salt, my opinion changes entirely. These had a very earthy flavor with a milder kick than most radishes and while we ate them fresh, I think they would be quite nice roasted as well (possibly pickled too- although with my vinegar aversion I wouldn't know).



What new produce have you tried lately? I love finding new-to-me fruits and veggies to try (and to photograph), so let me know if you find anything interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting notes and comments from you! Feel free to share your own blog or website so I can see what you're up to!

Pin It button on image hover