Pages

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Out and About

It's a very exciting week around here- some of our very best friends are coming to visit! As I've been exploring options for what we should see and do while they're in town, I've realized that I really need to get out more. We've been in LA for 8 months now and my list of places to visit just keeps getting longer, with nothing ever checked off. Since I'm determined to change this fact, I'm sharing some of the places on my list with you- maybe you can all keep me accountable to making it happen? Even if you're not up for that task, you can at least enjoy a peek at some fun spots around my new city. 

{Via}
I'll admit it- working in good coffee for years turned me into a coffee snob. While I've mostly quit my coffee habit- I do like checking out the best local places whenever I'm in a new city. At the top of my list for LA? Handsome Coffee Roasters. I've had their coffee, which is lovely, at a few carts, but haven't been to their headquarters yet.

{Via}
I follow Platform on Instagram and pine over nearly everything they post. Can't wait to see it all in person. Added bonus? They just returned from a buying trip in Mexico.

{Via}
Mohawk General Store has been described as a living room- based on the photos I've seen, I'd say the coolest living room ever. In the heart of the Silverlake neighborhood- which always makes me feel like I'm back in my old neighborhood in Seattle thanks to the abundance of hipsters- it's even within walking distance of other great shops- a rarity in this city of drivers.  

{Via}
One of those shops within walking distance is Reform School. Carrying an amazing array of handmade and unique items, I actually tried to visit here once before- but timed it to coincide with their lunch hour so they were closed. Next time I'll give myself enough time to stick around for awhile, just in case.

{Via}
Shareen Vintage is the kind of store people make a pilgrimage to- it's that amazing. An entire warehouse of beautiful vintage clothing, this ladies only shop could occupy me for a whole day, or so I've heard.

{Via}
Nearly every time I see a blogger in the LA area posting about a cool vintage find, it came from Shopclass. I honestly don't know how I haven't been here yet- their masterfully curated collection is matched so well with my own tastes. 

{Via}
A shop that everyone I know here raves about, Urbanic is a paper goods lover's dream. I may actually cross this one off my list this week- the Venice neighborhood is on my idea list for our adventures. 

{Via}
Since shopping and coffee alone do not a well rounded day make, Bar Ama, a restaurant I've been craving ever since reading about it in Los Angeles magazine, seems the ideal place to end this adventure. With a menu of creative Tex-Mex dishes, and a wall of tequila choices- I'm certain to be a happy camper here. 

Do you have a list of places you want to check out in your town? Why don't you cross some of them off this week? We'll get out and about together! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting notes and comments from you! Feel free to share your own blog or website so I can see what you're up to!

Pin It button on image hover