Pages

Thursday, March 28, 2013

At Our (Easter) Table

One of my favorite things about holidays is having an excuse to go a little over the top with table settings. For Easter this year I wanted to create a simple brunch, with the special touches a holiday table deserves.




I've been waiting for the right occasion to feature the vintage enamelware dishes (similar here and here) I found at the Long Beach flea market a few months ago and the simple palette of this table setting was the perfect opportunity. Combined with vintage mismatched silverware, Fog Linen Work napkins, vintage milk glass mugs (similar here), and juice glasses from Anthropologie, the overall feel is fresh and not too feminine but still pretty.



These little eggshell planters were simple to create, and make a lovely gift for guests to take home. Once the weather is warm enough, they can be transplanted to the garden- eggshell and all. To stand an egg on end, without a visible holder, a large jump ring (used for jewelry and available at craft stores) placed under the center of the egg keeps it upright.



What would brunch be without cocktails? Taking advantage of all the citrus in season here in California, I dreamed up a breakfast version of my favorite drink- the Old Fashioned. Check back tomorrow for the recipe, as well as the full brunch menu.




To complement the rope wrapped vases I shared yesterday, a few lengths of cotton rope turned garland with a few knots, became a simple and affordable detail for both the table, and the dining room entry.



What are you planning for the holiday? I'd love to see how your table turns out- tag me on Instagram or Twitter, or post a photo to the G&H Facebook page.

{All photos, styling, and design by Danae Horst/Gather and Hunt}

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting notes and comments from you! Feel free to share your own blog or website so I can see what you're up to!

Pin It button on image hover