Pages

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Finds to Fancy

I am utterly embarrassed by the tardiness of this Finds to Fancy post. It was supposed to go up last Friday, but life got in the way (as it does), and next thing I know- it's Wednesday already. I hope you'll accept my apologies, and enjoy these finds...


A few weeks ago, I made a visit to the Long Beach Antique Market for the first time. I had heard good things- lower prices, a more manageable size- so I was excited to have a chance to see it for myself. As with most of the flea markets out here there was a good mix of junk and amazingness. A entire booth full of vintage educational charts? Yes please! The prices were too high for this unemployed girl, but it was still amazing to see them all laid out.




I appear to have been drawn to lots of orange chairs that day. Aren't those stools in the middle awesome? The booth they were in had pretty high prices on everything so I didn't even ask about these, but I can dream about them, right?


The Wyoming girl in me just can't get into the idea of paying for antlers (especially shed ones), since you can wander around a field and find them for free (provided you have permission, of course) in my home state, but this booth had a ton of them, and they were selling like hot cakes.


I'm not positive if this was an attendance board, or something to keep track of bible verses, or what, but it definitely caught my eye. Does anyone know what this would have been used for?


It was a pretty light day for me- I could have left the cart in the car really. I was on a mission though- focused on finding some things to include in the tool kits I'm providing to the students who attend my home styling class at The Vintage Whites Market next weekend.


Mission accomplished- old bottles are always an easy addition to any vignette or display, so these were a great find for the tool kits. The vendor I purchased them from was nice and threw in a few extras, since I was buying so many- I always appreciate flea vendors who provide good customer service too.


Amazingly, this is the only thing I purchased for myself. I've been hoping to find a set of enamelware dishes, and this set of 6 was in great shape. Plus, I scored it for a song (her price was so reasonable I didn't even bargain with her). You'll definitely be seeing these in some upcoming photo shoots.

What have you found lately? You know I'd love to see! Take a photo for Instagram and tag me (@gatherandhunt) or email me photos and I'll share them in an upcoming Finds to Fancy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting notes and comments from you! Feel free to share your own blog or website so I can see what you're up to!

Pin It button on image hover